A chukka boot is a versatile style that can be dressed up or down. They’re versatile, comfortable and can make a great work boot or casual shoe. But knowing how to style them may not be as easy as it seems. In this guide, we will provide you with the ultimate guide to styling chukka boots for men. From tips on choosing the right style to adding a bit of sophistication, this guide has everything you need to get the look you want.
What are Chukka Boots?
Chukka boots are a must-have footwear item for men. They can be dressed up or down, and they go well with a variety of outfits. Here are some tips on how to style chukka boots for men:
1. Pair chukka boots with khakis or corduroys for a relaxed look.
2. Dress them up with a dress shirt and blazer for a more formal look.
3. Add contrast by wearing them with patterned pants or shorts for an interesting look.
4. Accessorize with a belt and watch for complementary hats and sunglasses to complete the look.
Types of Chukka Boots
There are a few different types of chukka boots, which will determine the kind of look you can achieve with them. The most popular type of chukka boot is the oxfordboot. These boots are made from suede or leather and have a pointed toe. They’re versatile and can be dressed up or down, depending on how you style them.
Another type of chukka boot is the camelboots. These boots are made from soft, thick goat skin and have a square toe. They’re ideal for cold weather because they’re warm and water resistant.
The last type of chukka boot is the monkboot. These boots are made from monk strap leather and have a V-shaped heel. They’re more formal than other types of boots and are best suited for dressier occasions.
How to Style Chukka Boots
Chukka boots are a versatile style that can be dressed up or down. The key to styling chukkas is to find a Bootcut or straight-leg pant that has a slim fit and high waist. To complete the look, you’ll need a unstructured blazer, Oxford shirt, and smart belt. Here are some tips for styling chukkas:
1. Start with your ensemble’s overall silhouette in mind. For example, if you’re pairing a straight-leg pant with a structured blazer, make sure the blazer fits well across your shoulders and hips – this will help to elongate your figure and make the chukka boots look more polished.
2. Take care when selecting accessories. A bright tie or colorful pocket square can overpower your outfit if not paired correctly – err on the side of understated instead.
3. Use neutral shades for your footwear to let the chukkas shine solo. For example, browns, grays, blacks or neutrals like beige can all work well with these versatile shoes.
4. Try different heel heights to find what looks best on you – go for something low if you want them to appear more dressy, or opt for something higher if you’d like them to project more masculinity (think TOMS).
The chukka boot is a versatile style that can be dressed up or down. Our guide has outlined the different ways to style chukka boots, from dressing them up with a blazer and button-up shirt to going causal with a T-shirt and jeans. Whether you’re looking for a new winter shoe to add to your wardrobe or just want to learn how to style them correctly, our guide has everything you need. So go ahead and take the plunge – we promise you won’t regret it!
Leave a Reply